Policies and Procedures
NYSGA Championship Membership Requirements
To compete in an NYSGA Championship, an entrant must be a member of the NYSGA, and meet any additional eligibility requirements established in the Championship's entry. The NYSGA defines its membership as:
- Holding an active GHIN Handicap Index at an NYSGA member club which utilizes the NYSGA's GHIN service (NYS residency required).
- Being a dues-paying member of an NYSGA member club with full playing privileges (NYS residency not required). Membership to type II golf clubs (which includes eClubs) does not meet this requirement*.
Exception*: Full-time students enrolled at a NYS higher educational institution with a NYS mailing address may join any NYSGA member club (including eClubs) and be eligible to compete in NYSGA championships.
Spectator/Handicap Cart Policy
The NYSGA will provide reasonable accommodations to tournament spectators possessing an ADA covered disability. To be considered, please complete the NYSGA Golf Cart Request Form at least five (5) business days prior to the tournament. Otherwise, spectator carts at NYSGA competitions are prohibited.
Important Policies (PDF).
- NYSGA Release and Waiver Agreement (2023)
- NYSGA 'One-Seat' Golf Cart Policy (2023)
- NYSGA Pace of Play Policy (2023)
- NYSGA Code of Conduct Policy (2023)
- NYSGA Local Rules and Conditions of Competition (2023)
- USGA Local Rules and Conditions of Competition (2023)
NYSGA Handicap Cart Request Form (2023)
- NYSGA Amateur Series Terms of the Competition (2023)
- NYSGA Championship Special Exemption Request Form (2023)
- Golfer Resume Form (Template)
- NYSGA Gender Policy - Mirrors USGA Policy