GHIN By the Numbers: 2020 Score Posting Season
JAMESVILLE, N.Y. - Another season has passed in upstate New York, and 2020 was a year unlike any other due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fortunately for the state golf community, many golf courses re-opened after a short lockdown with new social distancing policies and limited operations, and golfers surged to their local courses in record numbers.
The posting season at NYSGA clubs began on April 15 and ended October 31. It was the first golf season under the new World Handicap System, along with a new-and-improved GHIN Mobile App that upgraded the mobile posting experience with the introduction of stat tracking and a new look.
Here are some of the top numbers from the 2020 New York State Golf Association active score posting season:
GHIN Members: 34,000+
GHIN Member Clubs: 240
* The below statistics do not include joint-members with, or member clubs in the Metropolitan Golf Association and/or Rochester District Golf Association regions.
Total rounds posted by NYSGA members:
- Increase of 52% over 2019
Total rounds posted at NYSGA facilities:
- Increase of 51% over 2019
4. Joanne B., Beaver Meadows GC - 1675. Sharon S., Diamond Hawk Players Assoc. - 166 Junior Boys1. David L., East Aurora CC - 142
2. David Q., Van Patten GC - 134
3. Casey L., Crag Burn GC - 130
4. Kean T., Olde Kinderhook GC - 125
5. Dante B., En-Joie GC - 122 Junior Girls
1. Lily Z., Park CC - 71
2. Dannah S., Orchard Creek GC - 57
3. Elly M., Oswego CC - 56
4. Chika S., NYSGA Youth on Course - 53
5. Juli S., Shorewood CC - 52