The Ticonderoga golf course is perfect for players of all skill levels. It is an open and fun course to play. The course also presents a fun challenge with the meandering Trout Brook that comes into play on seven of the eighteen holes. During the round players enjoy scenic mountains that rise above the course on both sides.
Brief Course History:
- Seymour Dunn was the head pro one of the best courses in Europe (Royal County Down in Northern Ireland). He was known more for his golf instruction than he was for his design.
- Dunn was from Scotland and came here around 1900 and he designed and built some of the Adirondacks’ more memorable golf courses. Ticonderoga Golf Course is one of his best Adirondack golf course accomplishments! The Seymour Dunn course design leads you around this unique, challenging, historic, Adirondack golf course.
- The course has had a 90-year history of great PGA Professionals such as Mike Doctor, Tom Gunning, Bill Duprey, Tony Fortino, Jack Giles and the current PGA Pro George Mackey (a keystone of the club and 35-year veteran).
- The Glens Falls legend Mike Hayes brought his Super Tuesdays Golf Events here years ago, and also invited tennis great Ivan Lendl here. Lendl loved this course.
- PGA Touring Pro Joey Sindelar won the 1976 NYSHSAA Championship at Ti C.C. with a cool 68-66.
- The course record is 64 by Brian Tennyson who was a local pro.