Elma Meadows Golf Course is a 6,698-yard par 70 course situated along Buffalo Creek in the Town of Elma and is laid out on some of the most elevated terrains of any golf course in Erie County. Opened in 1959 and designated by William Harries and Russ Tyron, Elma Meadows is known for its long par 4s, including the recently extended 495-yard par 4 18th hole from the championship tee.
Elma Meadows is a good test of golf for any skill level, playing as short as 5,922 yards from the Red Tees (a par 74 for women), 6,080 from the Gold Tees, 6,327 from the White Tees and 6,638 yards from the back Black Tees. While not overly long by today's modern standards, Elma Meadows is no pushover, especially from the Black Tees, and has consistently offered a stern test for the best area golfers during the annual Erie County Golf Championship. The final three holes offer one of the sternest tests in local championship golf, playing 437 yards from the black tee on 16, 187 yards to a small green protected by bunkers on the 17th hole, and a monster 495-yard dogleg left, with the fairway sloping to the right, par 4 finishing 18th hole.